Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BigMemory is out! Garbage Collection RIP

I'm sure like many of you, I tend to browse DZone for interesting articles/blog posts. As a guy who works on Java server-side software, articles related Garbage Collection always catches my eye. Today while browsing on DZone I came across this article on Garbage Collection tuning.

Halfway through reading the article I realized the irony: I'm reading a pretty well written article on how to tune your Java Garbage Collector on the same day Terracotta announced GA for our BigMemory product. As I spelled out here and here BigMemory makes the need for tuning unnecessarily. And if your talking about Java Heaps large; GC Tuning? Forgetaboutit!

I know as a developer I would rather work on making my product better, faster and more concurrent then dread that GC gremlin showing up pausing my application and killing the buzz. If you do want to make YOUR application better and not let GC get in the way to that, check out the BigMemory product here.

Articles on Garbage Collection just got a whole lot less interesting.

2 comments:

CG said...

Hi,

Do try out codebix.com for your daily info browsing sometime :)

Cheers!

javin paul said...

Nice post man. I have also blogged about garbage collection java ,let me know how do you find it.

Thanks
Javin
java interview question